The ‘konsolebox’ overlay is my personal Gentoo Linux Portage overlay. It contains ebuilds packages for software that I install in my Gentoo system. Many of these packages are not available in Gentoo, and some of them have improved features. These are the packages:
- dev-util/geany – A package for the Geany Text Editor with some features I made which haven’t been merged in the main tree like tab sorting and recursive opening of files. See my personal repository and patches. Also see “A set of patches for Geany”.
- dev-util/geany-plugins – A package for the Plugins of Geany.
- media-fonts/montserrat – A package for Montserrat font.
- media-sound/playshell – A package for PlayShell.
- net-dns/dnscrypt-proxy-multi – A package for dnscrypt-proxy-multi. It supports easy chroot setup for OpenRC. See “Setting up multiple instances of dnscrypt-proxy with dnscrypt-proxy-multi”.
- net-dns/dnscrypt-proxy – A package for dnscrypt-proxy.
- net-misc/tor – A package for Tor that I heavily customized to have an out-of-the-box support for running Tor service (OpenRC) in a chroot environment. It can make use of jchroot – a tool I favor for running executables in a chroot environment.
- net-p2p/rtorrent – A package for rTorrent with chroot support using jchroot.
- sys-apps/binfind – A package for binfind.
- sys-apps/jchroot – A package for jchroot.
- sys-apps/killtree – A package for manfind.
- sys-apps/libfind – A package for libfind.
- sys-apps/manfind – A package for manfind.
- sys-apps/rcopy – A package for rcopy.
The overlay can be installed locally through layman (
layman -a konsolebox), or by adding a custom configuration file to
See the overlay’s repository in Github.